Sooooo….are you STILL going to drink it anyway???? If so, why not make your own, like this awesome version from Diethood.com:
- 1/2 cup milk, whole, 2%, or skim
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin-pie spice
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 shots of espresso or 1 cup of hot brewed strong coffee
- sugar or Stevia, to taste
- whipped cream and nutmeg, to garnish
- In a saucepan whisk together milk, pumpkin puree, and light brown sugar.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until hot and steamy.
- Remove from heat, whisk in the pumpkin-pie spice and the vanilla.
- Continue to whisk until frothy.
- Pour into 2 coffee mugs about half way up, then add in the espresso or coffee.
- At this point you can add some granulated sugar, to taste.
- Garnish with whipped cream and a sprinkle of nutmeg.
If using Microwave
- Pour the milk, pumpkin puree, brown sugar, pumpkin-pie spice, and vanilla into a microwave-safe bowl.
- Cook for 1 minute to 1 minute 30, or until the milk starts to rise up and is frothy.
- Pour into mug, add the coffee, garnish with whipped cream and nutmeg.